With celebrities like Kylie Jenner all over Instagram with the perfect set of lips, we feel more pressure than ever to get the ultimate sultry pout. Thankfully, there’s an easy solution that even Kylie admits to using for her signature pucker. Let’s talk about lip injections and whether they’re right for you.
What are Lip Injections?
Lip injections are the use of injectable dermal fillers to add volume to the lips. The dermal filler, usually made of a hyaluronic acid-based gel, is injected directly into the lips to add to the lips’ overall shape and volume. This minimally invasive cosmetic procedure can be done in as little as 30 – 45 minutes and does not require any downtime or recovery. The results of your lip injections are temporary but long-lasting.
What Products Are Used for Lip Injections?
While the procedure for each lip injection treatment stays the same, there are different types of dermal fillers that can be used to help you achieve your desired results. At Suite Six, we typically use Juvederm® or Restylane® to help you get bigger, fuller lips.
- Juvederm® is a line of dermal fillers that can be used to add volume and diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles all over the face. One of Juvederm®’s products, Volbella® is formulated specifically for lip enhancement. Volbella® is a hyaluronic acid-based gel that is not too thick and not too thin, which makes it perfect for adding volume to the lips. The results of your treatment with Volbella® can even last for up to one year.
- Restylane® is another popular line of dermal fillers that acts in a very similar way to Juvederm®. While Juvederm® has Volbella® to fill in the lips, Restylane® has a formulation called Restylane® Silk. Restylane® Silk is designed for a more subtle lip augmentation effect for a natural-looking boost that typically lasts for up to six months.
What are the Benefits of Lip Injections?
There are many benefits to getting lip injections done by Dr. Ballenas at Suite Six Medical Aesthetics, including:
- Minimally invasive treatments
- Treatments are done in under an hour
- Immediate results
- No downtime or recovery period aside from slight swelling and minor bruising
- Natural-looking results
- Long-lasting results (six months to a year)
Thinking lip injections might be the right move before Valentine’s Day? Contact us today to schedule your one-on-one consultation with Dr. Ballenas.